Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day and A Pattern

I'm not sure who was more excited for a snow day...me, my DH, or the two kids. After two years with very little snow, DH finally got to try out our snowblower. My oldest headed over to a friend's house at 7:30am to watch the U.S. Hockey team play in live time (for those that may not know-he's a diehard hockey fan). I never saw him get up so quickly with his alarm. He even shoveled a path so he could walk in the feet of snow we got overnight. I'm glad to know that he is able to wake up on his own...maybe he won't miss his 8am college classes next fal1? My daughter is hanging out with her best friend and all I hear is lots of giggling coming from her room. I love that sound:)

As for me, I caught up on some work that I have let pile up for just this sorta day and I even managed to finish a design that has been in the works for a few weeks. I was motivated to get some pics of DD modeling my new Duchess Hat in the snow.

Enjoy! If you are homebound today as a result of the weather, what are you knitting?



Duchess Hat
Finished Measurements: Approximately 10 inches tall and 22" circumference

Yarn: 1 Skein Cascades 220Yarns in Cascade 220 Purple [100% Peruvian Wool, 220 yards/3.5 oz]Worsted in Purple

Needles:  US 6/ 4.0mm and US 7/5.0 mm circular needles in 16 inches. US 7/5.0mm DPNS

Gauge: Approximately 5 stitches=1 inch. Gauge may vary and will depend on the yarn weight
and needle you choose for the pattern



No comments:

Post a Comment