Sunday, February 9, 2014

A DIY Home Project and an FO

Yesterday was a busy but productive day. I love those types of days where you wake up and feel like you have accomplished so much before lunchtime. For some time now, I have wanted to paint our red brick fireplace white. While it seemed simple enough, I knew that this was a permanent thing I was doing. However, a friend and coworker (who happens to be a fabulous DIYer-she even carries paint brushes and caulk in her car) convinced me to do it. She showed up at my house at 8am and by noon we had transfomed my fireplace. The time flew by, but probably because we hadn't seen each other in several months and we were catching each other up on the latest and greatest in our lives.

Here's the before picture...


And after the transformation...



After we finished, we rewarded ourselves with a trip to Stone Tower Winery in Leesburg where we met friends, hung out and enjoyed the rest of the day catching up with folks.

Oh, I also recently completed a textured cowl that we managed to get a few photos of my friend Laura modeling it outside the winery. I still need to write-up the directions for the pattern so look for that in the next few days.



Stay warm friends!

1 comment:

  1. The fireplace looks great, and even better with the screen!

    ReplyDelete