Monday, November 4, 2013

A Trip to a LYS and a Finished Project

A few Saturdays ago, a group of coworkers met in Frederick, MD for a day of fun and pampering. Frederick is a cute town with lots of great boutiques and antique stores along with fun restaurants. Of course, I stumbled upon a new knitting store called the Knot House. The store has lots of staple yarns by Classic Elite and Malabrigo as well as some indie yarns. The staff were super friendly and knowledgeable. If you are ever in Frederick, be sure to stop in.

Ever since I saw the pattern Sproutlette by Tanis L. of Tanis Fiber Arts,  I have been wanting to make this darling little dress for someone. Unfortunately, most of my friends are past the baby stage and are preparing to send their teenagers off to college next year. However, when a coworker announced she was having a baby girl, I jumped at the opportunity to knit this pattern since I already had it my queue. I chose Miss Babs Yummy sock yarn in the Violets colorway and I am very happy the result. This project was a pleasure to knit up and it took less than a week of evening knitting. The pattern directions were very clear and I made no modifications to it.

Front of dress
Back of dress
Isn't it darling? Now I need to start working on some winter accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment